Skip to content

Asbestos Awareness

Many people are familiar with asbestos, but don’t fully understand the danger and damage that can come with it. Asbestos is a fibrous silicate mineral that is fire-resistant and is usually woven into materials in order to insulate them, like brake lines or anything construction-related. It can be broken down into microscopically small pieces, which is partly why it’s so dangerous. Asbestos is a carcinogen, so when you inhale it and your lungs are hit with it, the fibers will crystalize and can cause severe irritation and in some cases life-long effects. Our homes are filled with potential asbestos contain materials: instillation in the walls, felt and shingles on the roof, adhesives and sealants in the floors, and putty in the ceiling. Clearly, there are many shapes and sizes that asbestos comes in, so make sure you’re taking all the proper steps to keep yourself and family safe!

Leave a Comment





Scroll To Top